Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mommy Dearest...

I love my mom, she is the most amazing woman I know. The past three years have been rough for my family and through it all she has held her head high. Her faith is stronger and a sense of humor I didn't realize she had. I guess as she gets older, she hates hearing that, she just says what's on her mind. She has lost her filter. Sometimes it just comes out and I'm taken back. I'm use to being the one to shock. Is she paying me back? Like the time she asked "How about we go get tattoos?" She has always thought they were awful, like any southern belle would. I was speechless. I just looked at her. She said she would get the world like Phoebe on Friends did. The world. A little dot. Whereas I'm sure I would come out with mine all nice and permanent. I actually want a tattoo but I can't picture my mother having one.

The best story yet of mom is when we went to see Camelot with Lou Diamond Phillips. Our seats are front row center. At that time it was not long after my dad passed away very suddenly. Mom had taken some anti anxiety medicine that makes her sleepy. There we are front row center, Lou Diamond on stage, and my mother slumped as far down as she can... asleep. I know he had to have seen her. At intermission a lady behind us asked "Did you enjoy your nap?" Mom looks and her and responds "I'm medicated". Did my ears deceive me or did she just tell a stranger she on medication. The person she needed to explain that to is Lou Diamond Phillips. I'll admit it was very boring and I was the only one of our group that did not nod off.
I do love my mom and I'm sure there will be many more posts about her....

No comments: