Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Whew!!! Close Call!!

In an attempt to knock the dust off my dating life, I almost made a HUGE mistake! That's right folks... out with an ex. I know, I know....there's nothing anyone can say that I have not said to myself. I don't know what had gotten into me. Could have been the cobwebs all around my dating life, boredom, I don't know. Needless to say, this little thing I call a blog helped remedy the situation. I don't ever go back and reread what I've wrote. Once it's down on paper, I mean posted on the web, it's there to stay. Here's how it went...
I can't remember which story he was from, which makes this SOOO much more worse (is that possible), but yes, he was a dating post. He found me on FB. Sent me a friend request. I pondered on should I accept the the friend request. I did and BAM I find an email from him and he sends an instant message. I do not know what is going through his head nor mine as a matter of fact. Just casual chatting back and forth then he throws his phone #'s out there. I was not going to call him. He said he had tried to call my house phone but it's disconnected. Yeah, no one called me on it so I didn't see the need for the expense. I remember from dating him that was him giving me his #'s was his way of asking for mine...so with utter regret I gave him my cell. He called and we had a very casual chat for about 30 minutes. Still not sure what's going on.... my curiosity is up...the next day, sees me on FB and chats away and asks if I would like to go out. Mind you this was not on the phone but through chat...1st clue he hasn't changed one single bit. I said sure, yes a glutton for punishment, he throws some things out there. I suggest dinner as I am not going down the same road as before and wanted to talk. He comes back with The Comedy Club-Henry Cho. My thought- I've heard Henry Cho is funny. I can say my peace after the show. Very selfish of me, I know. I would be able to see for myself if he had changed. He then tells me i can call him if I want to the next night. Seriously, I know at this point I'm being an idiot for even talking to him but I'm not going to call him. Told him I had dinner club, which I did. I began feeling very nauseous and wondering how I was going to get out of this. I decided long ago to not live my life with regrets, yet here I am. I do not hear from him until Friday night when I'm on FB. Yep, sends a message, wanting to know if we're still on for Sat. night. With a heavy sigh-yes. Long pause....he comes back and says he read my blog and never mind about going out, that he didn't know he was that bad and he's sorry. I do not know at first how to respond as this is typed words and it can be hard to decipher at times. My response was: that's in the past, I don't know who you are today. He's response. I guess. THEN types- well since I've paid for the tickets I'm big enough of a man to still go if you want, so I'll see you at 7. What? At this moment CLARITY hit me like a ton of bricks! No I'm not ok!! So I said that I wasn't sure if I was as I wasn't sure why after all this time he wanted to see me. His response: I'll sell them or see if I can cancel them. My response: can you answer that? why do you? He went off line at this point.
With my new found clarity I removed him from my friend list and blocked him. I am not the same girl I once was and will start my cat collection to become the crazy old cat lady. I will not go down that road....traveled once before, not again...

No comments: